For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Galatians 5:14
Approximately 79% of the Greater Boston rental market has a September 1st move-in date. This means that we can either become greatly annoyed by rental trucks blocking our narrow streets or we can see the days ahead as a huge opportunity to love our neighbors as ourselves. Here are some practical ideas for you:
- Pray that God would give you opportunities to show and share the love of Christ to your new neighbors.
- Swing by to introduce yourself and welcome them to the neighborhood.
- Offer to help with move in.
- Bring some drinks over as they lug stuff into the new place.
- Bring a dessert by within the first week as a welcome gift.
- Have your neighbors over for dinner.
- Organize a party to connect your neighbors. Halloween or game days are great fall occasions to host a party.
- Tell them about the great church you found in the neighborhood and invite them to join you after they get settled in.
Let’s fill this city with the love of Christ by being good neighbors! -Josh